HARRIET RAWLINS HILL
Singer | Voice Teacher | Artist
Do you need help with public speaking?
Do you have a speech coming up?
Do you read scriptures in church and people say they can’t hear you?
I can help you find your authentic voice!
This will help you in all aspects of your life.
Other lessons and coachings offered:
• Voice teacher for basic and advanced vocal technique in Musical theatre of all the genres; classical and popular styles.
• Active community and church choir singers are especially welcome for voice lessons particularly suited to their individual needs.
• Repertoire specialist (1860s- present) and audition consultant for classical and musical theatre
• Dramatic coaching (monologues and music) for musical theater actors and actors.
• Actors who want to improve their singing skills are welcome, as are adult beginners and children pursuing musical theatre.
• Comfortable home music studio in Lancaster, Ohio
Returning from New York City after a year of teaching, Harriet Rawlins Hill has relocated back to her hometown of Lancaster, Ohio to resume teaching there. Recently, Harriet concluded 15-years employment at Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio, as adjunct voice faculty specializing in musical theatre, and serving as Auditions Coordinator for the Department of Theatre and Dance.
She is a graduate of the world famous Indiana University School of Music with a Bachelor degree in Vocal Performance. She worked over 25 years in New York City teaching and working as an actress and singer in Opera, musical theatre and other genres.
Over her 30-year career, Harriet has appeared on the national musical theatre stage in over 2,000 performances of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music, Carousel and the original production and DVD of Sweeney Todd starring Angela Lansbury.
She was a principal soloist on a CD of the Gilbert & Sullivan repertoire with the Rochester Philharmonic conducted by Sir Mark Elder.
Harriet taught over 80 students on the college level at Otterbein University in Westerville Ohio in applied vocal performance both in musical theatre, classical and jazz.
She is and has been a proud member of Actors Equity since 1969.
Early in my career, I was known as Meredyth Rawlins. I changed my professional name to Harriet Rawlins Hill in 2000.
I have recently moved back to Lancaster, Ohio, conveniently located just off Fair Avenue near LHS and OUL, where I have a dedicated music studio. I have a massive musical theatre, popular, and classical library; an actual acoustic piano; dedicated video recorder and other electronics to make your music and voice lessons productive
Self tapes are available to be produced in my studio.
Student and family discounts are available.